I would like to be a light to others in many ways. A light illuminates one’s surroundings, provides a bit of warmth, and can enable one to move forward with confidence. As I travel through the unknown territory of the literary world, I hope to create a small path for those behind me that will make their own journeys — if only for a moment — a bit easier.
That’s why I am setting some concrete goals today. I have to stay focused. We have a running joke that the women of my mom’s side of the family are obsessed with lists. But the editing process is pretty slow, unfortunately, so I need to set some deadlines. So here is what I have so far.
SHORT TERM GOALS (or today goals):
- Drink some coffee (check)
- Mail out “Skull Bandit Rebellion” flash fiction submissions
- Get a library card, check out literary magazines if available
- Edit my novel until 4 o’clock
- Work on another flash fiction challenge from Chuck Wendig
- More industry research
- Send out emails
LONG TERM GOALS:
- UPCOMING DEADLINE: Edit 50 pages of my novel by October 31
- Begin second draft of poem “War Song Sounds Like…”
- Begin second draft of “Independence Day”
- Begin new novel November 1